Sunday, 6 November 2011

Stonehouse Properties can't spell!

I was amused when I read my 'contract' from Stonehouse Properties. It was littered with spelling mistakes and things that just didn't make any sense.

The people that work there do seem a bit slow on the uptake and don't seem to understand things very well. Things like misspellings (stonehouse's contract informs me that my flat has a 'micwave') are just funny, but others are a bit worrying. Apparently if I don't pay my rent they will charge me 3% interest. I asked the man with the beard what this meant in a bid to test his overall intellectual ability. Based upon his answer it occurred to me that he simply did not understand how interest worked. Because of this it worries me that if anyone ever did miss their monthly payment rent payment for any legitimate reason (not getting a student loan in time perhaps) Stonehouse would completely mess up their 'fine' and charge them a ridiculous amount. Perhaps 3% of the whole rent payment rather than a payment based upon 3% over an entire year (which is how interest actually works Mr Man with Beard).

No comments:

Post a Comment